Welcome to Hartford School!
Mr. Marques StanardPrincipal
The Mount Laurel Hartford School is home to approximately 980 students in Grades 5 and 6, and 125 staff members, each school day. Daily instruction in the curriculum areas is enhanced at Hartford School through special curricular projects conducted at both the fifth and sixth-grade levels during the course of the school year. Students increase academic skills through participation in curriculum-related clubs such as the Technology Club, and the Homework Clubs.
Teachers who helped plan the educational program for our school remain committed to guiding our student body towards the attainment of high educational goals. The Mount Laurel Hartford School benefits greatly from the network of support built and consistently maintained by parents and community members. Our Parent-Teacher Organization has assisted with many school projects, and its members give generously of their time through volunteer efforts.
- Elementary School Assignment Letters will be sent home via e-mail on Friday, August 28. If you do not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Hello Day for incoming 5th-graders at Hartford School will take place on Tuesday, September 1. Details were provided in assignment letters.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal will open on Monday, August 31. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at that time.
Transportation Reminder: If your child will be picked-up or dropped off at a location other than your home, make sure you complete a Day Care-Babysitting Bus Stop Request Form by August 28. Those requests submitted after August 28 will not be honored for the first two weeks of school. Requests received after August 28 will not go into effect until September 15.
- Harrington House Announcement e-mail was sent on August 17.
- Hartford Team Assignment e-mail was sent on August 24. Fifth-Graders: You'll need this to know which Hartford Hello Day session to attend on September 1.
- All Elementary e-mails were sent on August 28.
Don’t wait until the end of summer to register new students! Classes are formed and bus routes developed throughout the summer. Late registrations impact class sizes and may result in transportation delays for your child.
|Students are expected to travel to and from school on their assigned bus. If you choose to drive your child to school, please do so after 7:45 a.m. as supervision is not available until that time.|
Here's more information.
Registering Your Child
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899
Dr. Sharon Vitella
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.
8 a.m. - 2:35 p.m.
Early dismissal: 12:10 p.m.